The Sainik Schools are spread across India and the admission to these Schools are through an All India Entrance Examination. The administration of these Schools is vested in an autonomous Board of Governors Sainik School Society for which the Chairman is the Union Minister of Defence. The Chief Minister or the Education Minister of the State, where the schools are located, is also a member of the Board of Governors. The Schools are named after the localities in which they are situated. The Sainik School in Kerala is located at Kazhakootam, Thiruvananthapuram.
There are twenty Six Sainik Schools established in different places representing various states.
ADMISSION TO SAINIK SCHOOLS Click here to apply online
Last date for Online Application Forms : 26 Nov 2018
1. Admission is confined to classes VI & IX for boys only. The standard of the Entrance Examination would be equivalent to that of Standard V and VIII (CBSE) respectively.
Age limits: Click here to Download Notification
Class VI : Boys who are not under ten years or over twelve years of age as on 31 March19. (Between 01 April 2007 – 31 March 2009) (both days inclusive)
Class IX : Boys who are not under thirteen years or over fifteen years of age as on 31 March 19 and studying in class VIII in a recognised school. (Born between 01 April 2004 – 31 March 2006 (both days inclusive)
2 (a) 15% of the total seats are reserved for scheduled caste and 7.5% seats for scheduled tribe boys.
(b) Out of the remaining, 67% seats are reserved for domicile boys of Kerala state.
Remaining 33% is open to boys from other states and union territories as per new reservation policy
(c) 25% of seats from each category mentioned in para (b) are reserved for children of service personnel including ex-servicemen. The number of vacancies for class VI and IX will generally be within the availability of seats.
i) Class VI: 60 appx Click Here to Download 2018 -19 Paper of VI Class
ii) Class IX: 15 appx Click Here to Download 2018 -19 Paper of IX Class
3. Children of Coast Guard personnel may be admitted provided the 25% quota reserved for children of service personnel including ex-servicemen is not filled. In such cases if the parents wish to avail the scholarship for their wards, they may approach the Coast Guards.
4. Boys are selected for admission to the school on the basis of the result in the common All India Entrance Examination which is held on the first Sunday of the year (generally) followed by medical fitness test. This year the entrance exam will be held on 6th January 2019. Boys are admitted strictly in the order of merit, category wise.
Rashtriya Military School Download Admission Notification 2019-20
General Guidlines :
Common Entrance Test for admission to class VI and IX In December and is automated OMR based in subjects mentioned under the head “ADMISSION TEST”. Admission to Class XI will be based on Class x board exam results. No written exam will be held for admission to class XI. For admission to class VI a candidate should not be less than 10 years and more than 11 years of age on 01 Jul of the year of admission. . For admission to class IX a candidate should not be less than 13 years and more than 14 years of age on 01 Jul of the year of admission. . For admission to class XI a candidate should not be less than 15 years and more than 16 years of age on 01 Jul of the year of admission. Admission into Classes IX and XI is on the basis of available vacancies. Parents/students should also note that all admissions are in the category of Boarders only. No day scholars are allowed. Admissions are exclusively for boys.
PROCEDURE OF ADMISSION
1. Rashtriya Military Schools located at Bangalore, Belgaum (Karnataka) Ajmer, Dholpur ( Rajasthan) and Chail ( Himachal Pradesh ) Invite applications for admission to Class VI.
2. Rashtriya Military Schools are CBSE affiliated, fully residential public schools, which function under the aegis of Ministry of Defence.
3. Entrance Exam :Class VI: The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class VI will be held in december ) The Exam will be automated OMR based in subjects of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English of Class V Standard.
4. Interview and Results. Candidates who clear the CET and are figuring in the merit list will be required to appear for Interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the Interview. Results will be hosted on Army Intranet Home Page under the heading ‘ What is new on MT Directorate Home page under the heading ‘Result’ and also on www.indianarmy.nic.in,www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in
5. Applications Forms. Prospectus and Application forms can be obtained from any of the Rashtriya Military Schools by paying Rs 550/-( Rs 275/- in case of SC/ST , copy of the Caste certificate to be submitted).Application form can also be obtained through by post forwarding self addressed slip and Rs 600/-(Rs 325/-for SC/ST including Rs 50/- Postage Charge) Applicants to forward self address for Prospectus and application form along with Demand Draft for the amount payable at respective Rashtriya Military School ( in favour of ” Principal , Rashtriya Military School”) ALL APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY ROUTED THROUGH RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOLS. All details pertaining to list of Exam Centers etc are given in the Application form.
(a) Age. Only boys between 10 to 11 years of age for Class VI and Boys between 13 to 14 years of age for class IX of age as on 01 Jul othe academic year are eligible for admission. Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wars of personnel killed in action.
(b) Education. Candidates should have passed Class V for Cass VI from a govt/recognized school before the date of admission to a Rashtriya military school. However, a student studying in Class V is eligible to appear in the respective Entrance Test.
(c) Medical Selected Candidates will have to undergo medical exam at the Command/Zonal and other Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission and only those found medically fit will be offered admission.
7. Reservation of Vacancies (a) 70% for wards of JCOs/OR of Army , Navy and AF ( including Exservicemen) (b) 30% for wards of Officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired Officers) and wards of civilians.
(c) 50 seats are reserved for wards of service personnel Killed in Action. Note: 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST in all categories.
8. Important Instructions:-
(a) The parents/ candidates should exercise due care while filling up the application form. If on verification or otherwise at any subsequent stage, incorrect entries or some variations are found, then the candidature will be liable to be rejected.
(b) Verification of Eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Admission Test.
(c) Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the form for the purpose of admission, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
NOTE : FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION & VACANCY KINDLY CONTACT RESPECTIVE SCHOOLS DIRECTLY.